Apple has updated OSX up to 10.2.3. Here’s the changelog.
Enhancements Delivered with this update
This update delivers many enhancements, as outlined below.
Digital Hub and Peripheral Device Enhancements
- Works better with Force Feedback-based USB devices.
- Disc burning speed selection is now retained between Finder CD burns.
- Certain files and folders specific to Mac OS file systems, such as a Temporary Items folder or Desktop Folder, are no longer copied to the disc when burning a CD.
- Addresses a situation in which Disk Copy may not proceed beyond the “Configuring Burn” stage when used with some external FireWire-based CD burners.
- Addresses a potential issue in which some computers do not connect in FireWire Target Disk Mode.
- Improves compatibility for iPhoto and Image Capture with Canon IXY DV, Optura200MC, Elura 40MC, zr50, and GL2.
- Adds disc burning drivers for additional third-party burners, including: LaCie d2 CD-RW 48x12x48x FireWire, LaCie d2 CD-RW FireWire 52x24x52, and BUSLINK RW5252FM 52x24x52x
Networking, iChat and Modem Enhancements
- Addresses an issue in which the computer does not sleep if personal file sharing is turned on.
- Connect to Server may now connect to an FTP server when using the Japanese localized version of Mac OS X.
- Improves compatibility for USB-based CDC modems.
- Connections with iDisk volumes over a busy network or low-bandwidth connection are improved; for example, when trying to use an iDisk while also playing a streamed Internet radio broadcast via iTunes over a dial-up modem connection (PPP).
- Improves results when selecting iChat message text.
- Improves spacing when using Option-Return in an iChat message.
- Improves results when transferring file names via iChat that begin with a “>” character.
- Improves compatibility for the HP Communications application.
- Provides a zero all data feature in Disk Utility, for compatible hard drives.
- Improves iPhoto slide show function on some computers that use ATI Rage 128 graphics accelerator chips.
- Allows for improved results with applications that switch emulated address spaces, such as Connectix Virtual PC.
- Improves compatibility for OpenGL-based software on some computers that use ATI Rage 128 graphic accelerator chips; improves reliability for OpenGL-based software while Screen Saver effects are enabled on some computers that use ATI Rage 128 graphic accelerator chips.
- Addresses a situation in which some animated GIFs could cause Preview to unexpectedly quit.
- Allows for improved display of fonts via the Microsoft Word Font Toolbar.
- Improves compatibility with Netopia Timbuktu for TCP/IP connections.
- Improves compatibility for Image Capture when downloading large AVI files from some digital cameras.
- US English spellings are no longer interpreted as correctly spelled when using the built-in British English Dictionary.
- Improves compatibility for Mail when accessing accounts, such as AT&T Broadband, which require SSL v2 or v3 over SMTP.
- Addresses some situations in which the Mail application does not quit as expected.
- Addresses an issue in which Mail may become unresponsive when attaching certain kinds of JPEG files to a message.
- Addresses a potential issue in which sound from some USB audio devices may “stutter” after waking from sleep.
- Addresses an issue in which iSub, when used with some third-party USB speakers, could produce static.
- Improves default reverb setting for applications which use QuickTime Musical Instruments.
- Addresses an issue in which audio recorded from a USB device with a sample rate of 48 kHz or 96 kHz may include distortion.
- Improves results when recording from a USB microphone with a sample rate of 11.025 kHz or 22.050 kHz.
- Addresses an issue in which a MIDI device may unexpectedly fail to be recognized, when several devices are connected.
- Reduces MIDI serial compatibility issues by limiting serial support; Apple supplies third-party developers with documentation necessary to provide serial support.
Printing and Print Center Enhancements
- Improves ability of Print Center to automatically find and add USB printers.
- Enhances default printer selection process after network printers have automatically been added.
- Printers configured with a Rendezvous name are now selectable from a Print dialog window.
- Improves notifications when a job cannot be printed due to a stopped print queue.
- Improves keyboard navigation behavior in Column view of Navigation Services dialogs, such as open and save dialogs.
- Addresses an issue in which the computer could become unresponsive when configuring the Screen Effects preference pane.
- Addresses a situation in which the Dock may unexpectedly quit when attempting to display a hierarchical submenu while certain background tasks are in progress.
- Reduces instances on some computers in which keypresses are not detected by the “Are you sure you want to shut down your computer now?” dialog box when some applications are open.
- Addresses a potential kernel panic situation when disconnecting a USB hub from a Power Macintosh G3 (Blue and White) computer.
- Adds a Canadian English language spell checking dictionary.
- Addresses an issue in which Keychain items could become unusable or not allow password changes after a series of different applications request modifications to the item.
- Addresses an issue in which some Power Macintosh G3 computers may be unable to start up in verbose mode with Mac OS X 10.2.1.
- Addresses a potential issue in which some applications may not quit as expected after a USB device is disconnected.
- Addresses a potential issue in which playing certain system alert sounds could cause the Login window to appear.
- Includes OpenGL 1.4 which contains improvements for all systems.