Last night I Open Sourced an iOS application called Legendary. Legendary displays catchphrases and memorable quotes from the character Barney Stinson from the hit show How I Met Your Mother.
This application was originally developed using the Appcelerator Titanium framework and will build for iOS only at the moment but I’d love to see it ported over to Android and other mobile platforms.
As an aside this is only the mobile client side of the application. There’s a server side component as well that will also be open sourced later this week. Below is all the data from the README.md on GitHub * * * ### Description Legendary displays catchphrases and memorable quotes from the character Barney Stinson.
Browse and discover the only collection of Barney Stinson quotes available on the iPhone!
Who is Barney Stinson?
- He is a womanizer, favors suits, laser tag, and uses the words “awesome” and “legendary” frequently.
- Barney is almost always seen wearing a suit and makes great use of his catchphrase, “Suit up!”, often modifying it for a particular situation (i.e., “Snowsuit up!” while making an igloo in Central Park, or “Flight suit up!” when he dresses as a “kick a** fighter pilot” for Halloween, or “Slut Up!” when Lily and Robin get ready to go to a high school prom, or when he says “Space suit up Ted, ‘cause you’re going to the moon,” in the episode where Ted may or may not have a threesome).
What’s New in Version 1.2
- All New 5 Suit Rating System
- Quotes are broken down by season
- All new popular system
- Randomize function
- Search Functionality
- Ability to send to friend
- Ability to send to Twitter
- Ability to send to Facebook
Follow us on Twitter: @legendaryapp
You can always download a binary in the iTunes Store
This application was originally developed using the Appcelerator Titanium framework and will build for iOS only at the moment.
If you care to contribute at all then please see the CONTRIBUTING File for more details.
This application is licensed under the Mozilla Public License Version 2.0. Please see the LICENSE File for more details.